All HCS Families: PreSchool – 12th
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ & ACT!
To HCS Families from Mrs. Winter
April 4th, 2020
Dear HCS Families,
We love you and miss you so much! We miss the high-fives from the kids, their voices singing praises to God in chapel, and their wonderful smiles! I especially miss the words of encouragement from parents and students, as they walk through the hallways each day.
I want to especially thank you for your amazing support, during this national crisis, which has created the distance-learning opportunities for our kids. Our teachers have dedicated themselves 100% to make learning creative, relevant, and dynamic for each student. Thank you for your partnership with all of us, as we work through the dynamics of online learning. I must say, I’ve been pretty impressed with the diligence of our kids to participate and complete assignments from preschool through high school.
I wanted to also update you on our revised potential return to campus, which will prayerfully be May 4th, pending the health department and other government-approved agencies.
“And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28
We are committed to helping your child succeed, during this revised school program, which requires distance-learning for all our kids. We are here for you, every step of the way. We are constantly updating, to provide the most effective learning methods and procedures for our online distance-learning program.
Here are a few ideas to help connect most effectively with your family, in order to assist your child reach their God-given potential, during this challenge.
1. First and foremost, trust God in this process! He is the blessed controller of all things. Our faith and our dependence needs to be founded on Christ. Pray with your family. Help them to grow and develop spiritual strength and courage, through these challenges. Remind them throughout the day of God’s faithfulness, protection and love for each of us, as we are truly reliant on Him alone, during this international crisis.
2. Be sure your child(ren) receive a good night’s sleep and they stay on a consistent schedule, to ensure our kids maintain the best academic and behavioral results.
3. Check Google Classroom, Renweb, and school emails for assignments, at least twice daily, to maintain clear instruction for assignments.
4. Be sure each child in your home, has their own electronic device to work from (tablet, computer, Chromebook, etc.) in order to maintain consistency, while doing their assignments and Zoom class lessons
(NOTE: We have a few Chromebooks left to check-out, if needed)
5. Remind your child(ren) that distance-learning from home is still school. It is just as important as when they are in their classroom. They must know that live-instruction time with their teacher is not the proper time to play or to be disruptive, as this can impact the other students online-learning experience and makes it difficult for their teacher to instruct the students.
6. Students should be prompt and be prepared for learning when signing-on to their Zoom lessons, so as not to become a distraction, as their live-instruction times with their teacher are vitally important.
7. Encourage your child(ren) to be active and get physical exercise a couple of times a day! Kids need time for movement, in order to work and concentrate. Physical activity will help in their distance-learning program opportunities, throughout the day.
8. Have patience with your child(ren) during this transition. It is a huge adjustment for them and they are learning new ways of instruction and class participation.
HCS Head of School
March 31, 2020
Letter to Secondary Families from Mrs. Navarro
Good Afternoon, Saints! I would like to thank each of you for your continued support and partnership during our transition to online learning! Thanks to the hard work and dedication of our precious families and teachers, I am pleased to say we are seeing a great success! In an effort to provide the highest quality, live classroom instruction to our students, we will be implementing a new Secondary (7th-12th) Zoom Class Schedule beginning tomorrow, Wednesday, April 1st. The schedule, which has been posted to your child’s Google Classroom, will rotate between even period classes and odd period classes every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, with built-in breaks as to not overload them. Students will then have Tuesday and Thursday free from Zoom classes so that they may work on their assignments, presentations, or study for their assessments. SECONDARY LIVE ZOOM INSTRUCTION SCHEDULE:
- Wednesday (4/1): Per.2 (8:55-9:40), Per.4 (10:45-11:30), Per.6 (1:00-1:45)
- Friday (4/3): Per.1 (8:55-9:40), Per.3 (10:45-11:30), Per.5 (1:00-1:45), Per.7 (2:00-2:30)
- Monday (4/6): Per.2 (8:55-9:40), Per.4 (10:45-11:30), Per.6 (1:00-1:45)
- Wednesday (4/8): Per.1 (8:55-9:40), Per.3 (10:45-11:30), Per.5 (1:00-1:45), Per.7 (2:00-2:30)
- Friday (4/10): (Good Friday) Happy Easter! Easter break (4/10-4/19)
- Monday (4/20): Per.2 (8:55-9:40), Per.4 (10:45-11:30), Per.6 (1:00-1:45)
- Wednesday (4/22): Per.1 (8:55-9:40), Per.3 (10:45-11:30), Per.5 (1:00-1:45), Per.7 (2:00-2:30)
- Friday (4/24): Per.2 (8:55-9:40), Per.4 (10:45-11:30), Per.6 (1:00-1:45)
Again, thank you for the opportunity to teach and train your children for the glory of God. We miss them and look forward to seeing their faces on campus again soon! Blessings,
March 30, 2020
Hello From Mrs. Winter
Good Afternoon Hillcrest Families,
I’m thinking of all of you and praying for you and your kids every day. In fact, when I wake up in the middle of the night, each night I take the opportunity to pray for all of our classes individually, and our amazing kids. I’m praying for God‘s peace and wisdom, as well as God‘s protection, in his provision for each of you.
On behalf of our school and our families, I’m starting a 21 day time of prayer, and sharing encouraging Bible verses. Please check us out on Facebook, and Instagram, as we come together, to be reminded of God‘s faithfulness and His amazing promises which are new every day for us.
I wanted to touch base with you to give you an update of what’s happening in our school, through a short video that was sent in the newsletter and shared on social media.
We love you and we miss you dearly. We look forward to seeing you in the coming weeks, God permitting, as we prayerfully walk through this national health crisis.
May you have a blessed week as you enjoy time with your kids and your family.
HCS Head of School
Schedule a School Tour and Educational Success Consultation Today!
Call our admissions director, Nancie Blumenthal, to schedule your visit.
805-497-7501 Ext 204
Would you like Information about Hillcrest sent to your Email Inbox?
What Our Families Are Saying About Us
Testimonials from our current parents, alumni parents, and community friends.
Amazing Christian-based love and support for the kids. Skilled teachers and staff who keep the kids engaged and make learning fun. I'm not sure how any other school could match the commitment and call of the Hillcrest team!Cord McQueen
Hillcrest is a great school. It's like a big family!Marlene Castillo
The individual attention is fantastic. The camaraderie and relationships of the entire family with the staff, students, and parents is positive and inviting. The level of academics has been great at levels we are at to this point. The experience my daughter has had in kindergarten is beyond anything we could have hoped for.Tamryn Bua
HCS offers a Christ-centered education, where God's hand is taught through all subjects. The teachers are caring and child focused. There are age appropriate activities and sports offered. Your child's spiritual well being and safety is of utmost importance. The administration is loving and consistent and directly involved with every aspect of the school.Andrea Davis