HIllcrest Christian Online Academy Program
HIllcrest Christian Online Academy Program, provides families with support and guidance by offering educational and social opportunities, a fully accredited WASC program, including a complete online curriculum option, and a part-time option, which allows middle school and high school students to attend classes on campus. In addition, students have the option of taking an online course during the summer for credit recovery or to complete a class not offered as part of our regular school year course offering.
Call to arrange a visit: 805.497.7501 Ext. 233 | email: cyoon (at) hillcrestcs.org
Hillcrest Academy: Home School Program
As Christians, we believe that God has entrusted us with the responsibility of raising and educating our children. Here at Hillcrest, we strive to be an extension of the home to aid parents in this endeavor. With this in mind, we have extended our ministry to include a Home School/Independent Study Program known as HIllcrest Academy. It is our hope that together we can help Christian parents educate their children in a way that glorifies our Lord and falls within the legal parameters of the state.
This program is designed to help in two areas:
HIllcrest Christian Academy will provide families with support and guidance by offering educational and social opportunities that many home schooling families lack. We offer a fully accredited WASC program, including a complete on-line curriculum option and a part-time option, which allows Middle School and High School students to attend classes on campus. This program includes CIF participation for those in high school. In addition, students have the option of taking an online course during the summer for credit recovery or to complete a class not offered as part of our regular school year course offering.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Candice Yoon at 805-497-7501 X 233 or email cyoon (at) hillcrestcs.org.
What We Offer
HIllcrest Christian Online Academy-Social Group for elementary only
This option is available as a service to the local Christian home schooling community.
- No Transcripts or report cards provided.
- Families must file own affidavit, although help will be provided.
- Social opportunities including field trips, library time, elementary sports participation, ACSI Speech Meet, after school classes and HCS Chapel.
HIllcrest Christian Online Academy Program access for 3-6th grade.
- Curriculum counseling provided.
- School pictures.
- And much more.
HIllcrest Christian Online Academy Program Secondary (7-12)
- Stamped HCS/WASC transcripts provided.
- Students included in HCS enrollment affidavit.
- Access to all secondary activities including CIF sports participation, school dances, educational tours (Outdoor Ed, Catalina, Washington DC, Middle School Retreat, High School Retreat.
- Enrollment in regular HCS classes, up to four.
- Access to Hillcrest Christian School On-line Academy.
- Access to HCS Testing Center. On campus testing required for WASC accreditation.
- Standardized Testing available including PSAT and PLAN. Annual grade appropriate standardized testing (Teranova) required.
- And much more.
Many parents are now choosing to home school their special needs children. If your child has physical, developmental or emotional needs that you feel could be better accommodated at home, let us work together with the common goal of educating your child in such a way that they reach their fullest potential.
Registration and Tuition
Track One (Full time home school/on-line)
- Enrollment Fee: $30 Elementary/$60.00 Secondary (per student)
- Activity Fee: $60.00 per year per student
- Elementary Tuition: $1230 per student (may be paid in full or in 10 monthly installments through FACTS with a $50 set-up fee and 2.9% deferred payment plan due at the time of registration).
- Secondary Tuition: $1540 per student (may be paid in full or in 10 monthly installments through FACTS with a $50 set-up fee and 2.9% deferred payment plan due at the time of registration)
- Additional Testing Fees of $50.00 for PSAT, PLAN, and Terra Nova.
Track Two – Secondary only (on campus part-time)
- Enrollment fee: See above
- Activity Fee: $75.00 per student
- On-line Fee: See above
- HCS Class Enrollment: $1755.00 per class per year (may be paid in full or in 10 monthly installments through FACTS.) In addition, book fees of $50.00 per class, tech fee of $150 and lab fees for science classes; MS/HS Retreat fees and class trip fees may apply.
- PSP students may take up to four classes. The remaining classes must be done through the on-line academy or with the approval of the director.
- HCS uniforms are required for all Track Two students while on campus.
- Separate CIF sports fees required for students who choose to participate.
High School Credit Recovery – $475 per class per semester.
INFORMATION REQUEST FOR PROSPECTIVE FAMILIES
Schedule Your Free Educational Success Consultation
Your application process begins with a FREE Educational Success Consultation with Principal, Kathy Horan.
HILLCREST CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
Call our admissions director, LuAnn Malcolm, to schedule your visit.